The 2017 Cameron Fitzpatrick Memorial 5K will be taking place in partnership with the Mayflower Brewing St Patrick's 5K on March 26, 2017
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
RACE INSTRUCTIONS, NUMBER PICKUP AND MORE CAN BE FOUND AT:
A Note from Cameron's Mom
The Cameron Groezinger Fitzpatrick Memorial Fund is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping College students and helping with Nut Allergy Awareness. Cameron was a 19 yr. old Bryant University freshman (Dean's List) whose life ended tragically from a Nut Allergy. He was an Honors student, National Honor Society, 2 time 1st Place Deca Winner at States for Plymouth North High School. He was home on Spring break in 2013 when he went into anaphylactic shock from a cookie containing nut oil. Cameron was a very outgoing, responsible young man with a love of learning and helping others. He was constantly giving to Blood Drives and was also an Organ Donor. He had an infectious smile and personality that lit up any room. He was well respected by teachers, Professors, and his peers. We are trying to raise money for students to obtain college scholarships in his memory and also to donate to allergy research/awareness. Please help in this cause! Thank You.
- Every 3 minutes a food allergy reaction sends someone to the ER
- The number of people with food allergies is growing with no clear answer to why
- Between 1997 and 2011 peanut allergies doubled in children under the age of 18
- It's estimated that 5.9 million children in the US suffer from food allergies - that's 1-2 per classroom
- Teenagers and young adults with food allergies are at the highest risk of fatal food-induced anaphylaxis
- Peanut allergies are the most common cause of death from food allergy and are the leading cause of most severe reactions.